Sunday, June 6, 2010

The real last post

Regarding the UCSD merger: shoot first and apologize later. This edit is intended for a few individuals.
---
I'm going to keep a 2L blog (which will likely exist as another law commentary blog) and a list of links to things my classmates from 1L worked on.

Far and away the best person I worked and studied with during 1L is Augustin Peña. He lost a family member to gang violence and has actively worked to mentor kids in an effort to divert them from gang membership and introduce them to a more successful life. His links are below:

http://powertomentor.blogspot.com/
http://www.powermentor.org/


My brother created an iPhone application. It is a very simple way to 'photoshop' images into pictures you're taking with your iPhone. It is called PictureFriends. (I helped a little with the website and its a really fun app to play with)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/picturefriends/id404460002?mt=8
http://picturefriends.ctlynch.com/

LINK TO 2L BLOG:
http://californiawestern2l.blogspot.com/


Please contact me if you are interested in hiring a law clerk.

8 comments:

  1. You spelled his name wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the link to the 2l blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted the link for the 2L blog. I just started it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this. I just received the notice that I got the trustee scholarship. Is this a common thing for a student to receive...meaning many people get this and decide to attend cal western because of it with little chance of keeping the scholarship?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the keep an 82 or they take back your free school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If they give you a semester free then go for it. See if you like it and if they take it away you can always drop out.

    The median is a 78 and I suspect the average is lower. The median means half the section scored below and half the section scored above and doesn't really have a bearing on the class average. However, California Western grades on a scale where 95 is the highest grade point, not 100 so don't compare this to undergrad or high school where most grading scaled from 0-100.

    California Western's grading is a lot more difficult than undergrad. A lot of people fail out from the "74 and out the door" policy, meaning if you average below a 74 the school takes your tuition and drops you. I don't know the exact academic attrition rate, but I imagine it is around 15% forced out and another 5% drop or transfer.

    I don't know where an 82 puts you in terms of a percentile compared to the rest of the class. I don't think the school publishes it online but i think it's top 30% if I had to guess?

    I'm sorry I don't have a more concrete answer for you. :/

    If I figure it out I'll post it here. I think it might be posted on the dean's list, but for whatever reason the percentile for an 82 is not included in the student handbook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you email the school they might tell you the retention rate for the scholarship.

    ReplyDelete