Saturday, April 3, 2010

Two internships?

I'm getting ready for finals currently. Studying is going pretty well. I'm a little further behind than I would like but this weekend I'm catching up and memorizing some black letter law. Thats it really.

Another internship I applied to asked me to talk to them when I finish up my internship in SB in June. They might have a bunch of work and I offered to do free legal research for them. Its an environmental group which is what I am really interested in. Law is pretty fun and I like working with lawyers (maybe I'm a freak?).

My reflection on the oral argument:

The sophisters were pretty brutal with their scoring. Their input is pretty valuable though. It felt a lot like rapping. You research and know everything you want to say backwards and forwards. You get into a flow and do your best to destroy your opponent's argument and leave them nothing to come back with. Definitely a fun experience. Honestly, Professor Stiglitz is infinitely more intimidating and after getting speared in his class I've developed almost no fear of having to answer an intelligent person's calls for information.

Its beautiful today and I'm really loving the weather. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment